[Kwiver-users] maptk_bundle_adjust_tracks and Vital Boost Filesystem Replacement Issues

Kyle.Brooks at L-3Com.com Kyle.Brooks at L-3Com.com
Mon Feb 1 11:20:42 EST 2016

Hello,

When I run maptk_bundle_adjust_tracks I get this error message:

loaded 251400 tracks
filtered down to 93717 long tracks
track filtering: 0.200000 sec CPU, 0.193117 sec wall
ERROR: No POS files from input set match input image frames. Check POS files!
Initializing cameras from POS files: 0.000000 sec CPU, 0.005963 sec wall
ERROR: Failed to load input cameras

An older version of Map-TK which was used for the CVPR 2015 tutorial did not have this issue.  I debugged the issue and I believe I tracked it down to this commit:

commit 22dcab9722c26ce299d7247bec9853d36709b497
Author: Linus Sherrill <linus.sherrill at kitware.com>
Date:   Mon Sep 14 12:35:49 2015 -0400

    Convert to use new vital without boost

    Convert use of boost file path to vital::path_t
    Use kwiversys support to replace boost file system calls

It looks like the intent of this commit was to replace boost::filesystem::path::stem() which returns the filename without the path or last extension with kwiver::SystemTools::GetFilenameWithoutExtension() which does a similar function but instead replaced it with kwiver::SystemTools::GetFilenamePath() which returns the path of the folder that contains the file but not the filename itself.  Is this correct?

I am going to attempt replacing the calls to kwiver::SystemTools::GetFilenamePath() with kwiver::SystemTools::GetFilenameWithoutExtension () and see if this fixes the issue.

Thanks,

Kyle Brooks, Member of the Technical Staff
L-3 Cincinnati Electronics