[Kiwiviewer] ParaView export to KiwiViewer 2.0

Aashish Chaudhary aashish.chaudhary at kitware.com
Mon Oct 21 14:06:01 EDT 2013

Hi Frank,

On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 10:11 AM, Frank Millo <frank.millo at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Pat,
>
> I am excited to see your great work with KiwiViewer 2.0
>
> I dabbled with the previous version, and I am interested in displaying
> multi component models,
> similar to your 'NA-MIC Knee Atlas'.
>
> A couple of question first.
> 1. Which version of ParaView is most suited (or preferred) to create data
> sets for Kiwi?

I don't think we tagged the ParaView version for this feature. You can try
the latest version from the VES git repository.

> 2. Since there are many ways to load data into Kiwi, what is the preferred
> method and file format?

Its really up to the application and domain specific requirements.

> 3. I downloaded the sample data (KneeAtlas) to try to replicated your
> steps.

I do see there is no color assigned to it. Does the color get assigned in
> Kiwi? or do I miss something on the ParaView end.

The colors are read from the vtk data if it has any (or if it has scalars).
VES / Kiwi converts the data into VES / GL friendly format.

Let us know if you have more quesitons.