[Kiwiviewer] Testing Code Compile error

高宇 fightrain at 126.com
Mon Oct 7 03:57:50 EDT 2013

Dear Aashish:
         Thanks a lot about your reply on how to study about ves. When I configure and run the Testing code. I meet some problems.
         I first download a new  VES source code from http://vtk.org/VES.git. I take some steps like this:
                 1. git clone http://vtk.org/VES.git
                 2.cd VES
                 3.cmake CMakeLists.txt
                              -- Found PythonInterp: /usr/bin/python (found version "2.7.2")
                              -- Found Git: /usr/bin/git (found version "1.8.3.4 (Apple Git-47)")
                              -- Configuring done
                              -- Generating done
                              -- Build files have been written to: /Users/gaoyu/KKK/TESTVES/VES
                 4.make
                             Linking CXX executable ../../bin/vtkHashSource-6.0
                             [100%] Built target vtkHashSource
                             Scanning dependencies of target vtkCompileTools
                             [100%] Built target vtkCompileTools
                             [ 93%] No install step for 'vtk-host'
                             [100%] Completed 'vtk-host'
                             [100%] Built target vtk-host
                 5.cd VES/CMakeExternals/Install/vtk-host
                             There's nothing in it.!!!
                 6.cd VES/src/kiwi/Testing
                 7.cmake CMakeLists.txt
                             It shows that
                             No cmake_minimum_required command is present.  A line of code such as
                               cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.8)
                            should be added at the top of the file.  The version specified may be lower
                             if you wish to support older CMake versions for this project.  For more
                             information run "cmake --help-policy CMP0000".
                             This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.
                 8.I add cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.8.5) in the file CMakeLists.txt
                 9.make
                             Scanning dependencies of target TestAnimation
                             [  7%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/TestAnimation.dir/TestAnimation.cpp.o
                             /Users/gaoyu/KKK/TESTVES/VES/src/kiwi/Testing/TestAnimation.cpp:1:10: fatal error:
                                   'vesImage.h' file not found
                             #include <vesImage.h>
                                            ^
                             1 error generated.
                             make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/TestAnimation.dir/TestAnimation.cpp.o] Error 1
                             make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/TestAnimation.dir/all] Error 2
                             make: *** [all] Error 2
          I struggled to solve it but I failed.  If possible Could you please help me to solve it or give me some advise.If anybody others know this , please send me an Email. Thank you  very very much.

                       BEST WISHES! HAPPY EVERYDAY~

                                                                                                                         GAO YU