[Kiwiviewer] KiwiViewer Paraview Mobile remote error

Aashish Chaudhary aashish.chaudhary at kitware.com
Thu Oct 3 21:58:33 EDT 2013

On Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 9:21 PM, 高宇 <fightrain at 126.com> wrote:

> Dear Casey and All Engineers worked for Kiwi:
>     I am a Kiwi fan.I have learned VES for about half a year.I can use
> it,But I haven't got a way to recognize the VES deeply.You konw there is a
> big obstacle that I want to know the architecture and theories for a
> further study (use the VTK and OpenGL ES freely).I know your src code use
> the VTK and OpenGL ES but I really don't know where I can begin my study on
> the base cour
> s. Is there any Documents for me ? And I need your suggestion.

Unfortunately, we don't have detailed documentation on how to develop
applications based on VES. The code is relatively small though.  If you
have checkedout the source code have a look at the tests under
src/kiwi/Testing and src/ves/Testing

>     I send this mail for an other purpose I wanna know why the example
> /VES/Apps/iOS/KiwiViewer can't show anything on the screen when choose
> "ParaView Mobile Remote". I have already load the plugins named mobile
> remote control on ParaView
> in the desktop. But when I use the KiwiViewer downloaded from App
> store.The fouc
> tion can work smoothly. Yesteday I add a test point to the Xcode project
> and I discover that the data which dektop paraview received is NAN(not a
> number).So the camera can't konw where the 3D model exits. But on iPad I
> didn't know the reason.Why it can't show the model? NO model data? or show
> error? I need your help.

So it seems like that you have both ends not working? What version of VES
did you compile with what Version of ParaView. We don't have test for this
so it may be broken at this moment.