[Insight-users] ITK build error with Mingw64

Sumit Kumar dost_4_ever at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 17 17:45:53 EDT 2011

Hello Gib
I too faced the same problem and came to this thread. This is not a problem
related to ITK but to MinGW and it needs to be addressed "by the user".
The problem was traced back to an include file in MinGW 64-Bit called
"winnt.h"

There is a set of lines as follows:
#define FastFence __faststorefence              /* FIXME: implement proprely */
#define LoadFence _mm_lfence
#define MemoryFence _mm_mfence
#define StoreFence _mm_sfence

   void __faststorefence(void);
   void _m_prefetchw(void *Source);

#include <intrin.h> <----- I changed this to #include <emmintrin.h>

#define YieldProcessor _mm_pause
#define MemoryBarrier __faststorefence          /* FIXME: implement proprely */
#define PreFetchCacheLine(l,a) _mm_prefetch((CHAR CONST *) a,l)
#define PrefetchForWrite(p) _m_prefetchw(p)

After making the changes, the compilation proceeded without any breaks. I
must add here though; I am using ITK v 4.0 !
Thanks and Regards
Sumit