[Insight-users] Blurring Error Failed to allocate memory to image

Ella Maria Kadas ella_kadas at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 19 04:55:18 EDT 2011

Hi,
 I am trying to use a blurring Filter on a dicom series of 256 images. I tried it with RecursiveGaussianFilter, and with BinomialBlurImageFilter and i get both times the same error message.If instead i use a series of 25 images it works just fine. Does this mean that i should just forget about trying to use this filters for such a large series?

Brain(7801) malloc: *** mmap(size=2027520000) failed (error code=12)
*** error: can't allocate region

itk::ExceptionObject (0x3ea6ac20)
Location: "TElement* itk::ImportImageContainer<TElementIdentifier, TElement>::AllocateElements(TElementIdentifier) const [with TElementIdentifier = long unsigned int, TElement = double]"
File: /Users/ellaK/Documents/ITKLib/Code/Common/itkImportImageContainer.txx
Line: 188