[Insight-users] AdvancedImageToImageMetric and the itkBSplineDeformableTransform ?

motes motes mort.motes at gmail.com
Thu May 20 10:56:15 EDT 2010

I have made a review build of itk 3.18 and build elastix v4.3 based on
this build.  Next I have build my itk application which is a
registration application using a itkBSplineDeformableTransform and the
AdvancedImageToImageMetric with a random sampler. Previously this
worked fine but now I get the exception:

itk::ExceptionObject (0x24a8ac0)
Location: "void itk::AdvancedImageToImageMetric<TFixedImage,
TMovingImage>::CheckForAdvancedTransform() [with TFixedImage =
itk::Image<float, 2u>, TMovingImage = itk::Image<float, 2u>]"
File: ....elastix_sources_v4.3/src/Common/CostFunctions/itkAdvancedImageToImageMetric.hxx
Line: 399
AdvancedMeanSquaresImageToImageMetric(0x24aafc0): The
AdvancedImageToImageMetric requires an AdvancedTransform

Is it not possible to use the itkBSplineDeformableTransform with the
updates made in elastix 4.3?