[Insight-users] converting mhd/raw data to dicom problem

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 04:49:28 EDT 2009

On Sun, Jul 19, 2009 at 7:44 AM, Moti Freiman<freiman at cs.huji.ac.il> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to convert a mhd/raw CT volume to dicom, to import it to a
> Phillips workstation.
> The conversion succeed, and when I'm reading the dicom series using
> itk-snap, everything is fine.
> However, when I'm trying to import it to the Phillips workstation, the
> order of the slices becomes wrong, and slices appear
> not in the anatomical order.
> Any Idea?
> The conversion code  is basically the ITK example and attached below:

The example was copied from ITK ? Then it should be correct, the only
thing I can think of is there is something wrong with your origin or
direction cosines as defined in your mhd / raw volume.

You can use tools such as gdcmdump / gdcminfo to get the Value for
Image Position (Patient) : IPP,  make sure that Image Orientation
(Patient) is constant and then order is defined by ordering the IPP.

D. Clunie recently released a sorter tool in his dicom3tools software
package, you could check with this 3rd party implementation.

HTH
--
Mathieu