[Insight-users] itkQtAdaptor error when calling Value Type v member function

Sergio Aguirre sergio.aguirre at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 02:20:52 EDT 2009

Hello everyone.

I emailed the las week regarding the proper use of the itkQtAdaptor.h file
for connecting ITK filters to QT GUI's. I have been using it and having fun
even if sometimes one must modify the itkQtAdaptor file to get a connection
to work.

BUT I am trying to implement the
GeodesicActiveContourLevelSetImageFilter example
with a QT UI using the itkQtAdaptor.h, however when trying to connect a QT
widget to either SetPropagationScaling, AdvectionScaling or CurvatureScaling
I get a similar error because these member functions take 'Value Type v" as
an argument.

How can I cast or adapt this to work say with "double" or "float" data?

Thank you, below is the compile error... and code attached

Sergio

//////////////////////
/home/echopixel/Desktop/engine/code/brynb/src/main.cxx:368: error: no
matching function for call to
‘QtSlotAdaptor<itk::GeodesicActiveContourLevelSetImageFilter<itk::Image<float,
2u>, itk::Image<float, 2u>, float>
>::SetCallbackFunction(itk::SmartPointer<itk::GeodesicActiveContourLevelSetImageFilter<itk::Image<float,
2u>, itk::Image<float, 2u>, float> >&, void
(itk::SegmentationLevelSetImageFilter<itk::Image<float, 2u>,
itk::Image<float, 2u>, float>::*)(float))’
/home/echopixel/Desktop/engine/code/brynb/src/itkQtAdaptor.h:67: note:
candidates are: void QtSlotAdaptor<T>::SetCallbackFunction(T*, void
(T::*)()) [with T =
itk::GeodesicActiveContourLevelSetImageFilter<itk::Image<float, 2u>,
itk::Image<float, 2u>, float>]
/home/echopixel/Desktop/engine/code/brynb/src/itkQtAdaptor.h:76: note:
void QtSlotAdaptor<T>::SetCallbackFunction(T*, void (T::*)(unsigned int))
[with T = itk::GeodesicActiveContourLevelSetImageFilter<itk::Image<float,
2u>, itk::Image<float, 2u>, float>]
/home/echopixel/Desktop/engine/code/brynb/src/itkQtAdaptor.h:85: note:
void QtSlotAdaptor<T>::SetCallbackFunction(T*, void (T::*)(double)) [with T
= itk::GeodesicActiveContourLevelSetImageFilter<itk::Image<float, 2u>,
itk::Image<float, 2u>, float>]
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/brynb.dir/main.cxx.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/brynb.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2