[Insight-users] Segmentation/Clustering Question

Luke Bloy luke.bloy at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 11:23:37 EST 2009

Hello Itk community.

I'm not a segmentation/clustering person so i was hoping to get some
insight from those of you who are.

Here is what I am trying to accomplish.

Given an image, I would like to determine minimal partitioning of the
image space, where each cluster is spatially coherent (all attached) and
the intensity variance with in each cluster is below some supplied value.

This seems like a problem that should have been tackled before.  So i'm
hoping there is something out there, either code, literature, or even
some appropriate keywords to give me an entry point into the literature.

Thanks
Luke