[Insight-users] itk::GDCMImageIO

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 04:51:34 EST 2007

Hi Todd

  Thanks for the bug report and patch !

  Just for completeness could you send me (privately) one of those
images that Osirix could not read ?

thanks
-Mathieu

$ cvs ci -m"ENH: be consistant and write Explicit for both 1 and 3
components images" itkGDCMImageIO.cxx
/cvsroot/Insight/Insight/Code/IO/itkGDCMImageIO.cxx,v  <--  itkGDCMImageIO.cxx
mmalaterre at zorglub $

On Nov 20, 2007 3:16 PM, Todd Jensen <todd.jensen at ieee.org> wrote:

> I am using ITK 3.2.0 and writing out RGB images. If I used a JPEG image IO
> class, all is well.  But if I used the GDCMImageIO class to generate a DICOM
> secondary capture image, I was getting invalid DICOM objects that could not
> be read by applications such as OsiriX.
>
> A little investigation showed the transfer syntax was little endian
> implicit, but something was not correct in the encoding.  So, I added the
> following to itkGDCMImageIO::Write() to force an explicit syntax and valid
> images are now generated:
>
>    :
>   else if( m_NumberOfComponents == 3 )
>     {
>     // Write the image as RGB DICOM
>     gfile->SetWriteModeToRGB();
> +    gfile->SetWriteTypeToDcmExplVR();
>     switch (this->GetComponentType())
>
>     :
>
> Is this also an issue in ITK 3.4.0 or current?
>
> Todd Jensen
> Jensen Informatics LLC
> New Berlin, WI, USA
> todd.jensen at ieee.org