[Insight-users] ITK, wrapITK and Turbo C++ or Watcom C++

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Wed Jun 20 15:35:21 EDT 2007

Nicolaus Andratschke wrote:
> I succesfully compiled ITK and wrapITK on a WinXP
> machine VC8 Express.
> As VC8 has some issues compiling QT and VTK, I'm
> exploring other possibilities on Wondows.
>
> As cmake supports Turbo C++ or Watcom C++, I wondered
> whether anybody has experience with ITK, wrapITK and
> Turbo C++ or Watcom C++ on WinXP?

You are going to have way more issues with borland or watcom than
VS8 express.  If you purchase QT there are no problems with VS8,
and if not, there is a patch you can apply to QT to get it to work with
VS.   Anyway, Watcom does not have enough of c++ implemented to
build ITK, and I would be surprised if Borland could build QT...

-Bill