[Insight-users] MetaImageIO and vector fields: GetPixelType small bug?

Tom Vercauteren tom.vercauteren at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 05:45:16 EST 2007

Hi all,

I think I found a small bug in MetaImageIO (ITK 3.0.1).

I have an mha file with the following header:
ObjectType = Image
NDims = 3
BinaryData = True
BinaryDataByteOrderMSB = False
CompressedData = False
TransformMatrix = -1 0 0 0 -1 0 0 0 1
Offset = 127.75 145.75 -72.25
CenterOfRotation = 0 0 0
AnatomicalOrientation = RPI
ElementSpacing = 1 1 1
DimSize = 256 256 181
ElementNumberOfChannels = 3
ElementType = MET_FLOAT
ElementDataFile = LOCAL

I create an image IO using ImageIOFactory::CreateImageIO and then
check the pixel type. As expected I see that GetNumberOfComponents
returns 3 but I also get:
imageIO->GetPixelType() == itk::ImageIOBase::SCALAR

I thought I would get  itk::ImageIOBase::VECTOR or
itk::ImageIOBase::COVARIANTVECTOR.

Should I file a bug for that or am I missing something here?

Best regards,
Tom Vercauteren