[Insight-users] Building ITK on Linux

Atwood, Robert C r.atwood at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Feb 16 12:59:48 EST 2007

 Actually , it warns for plain 'c' but gives an error for 'c++'  in 3.3.3, 3.4.6 and 4.1 versions. There was some discussion about this on the gcc list a while (years) back, someone's suggestion to make it only a warning was rejected but by the  argument used, it should be better to be consistent and make the 'c' compiler return an error as well -- but I guess that hasn't happened! (Pedantic is not pedantic enough in 'c' ...)

 Probaby not a huge priority. Also the idea that the man page should reflect this has apparently not been incorporated.
   -Wlong-long
           Warn if long long type is used.  This is default. ...

There is no combination of options that I or the original gcc list poster could find, that  causes long-long to be a warning for c++ , it is either accepted silently or it's an error.