[Insight-users] Error GDCMImageIO: non-DICOM and non-ITK standard key

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Fri Feb 16 10:23:27 EST 2007

Maria Cira Avvinto wrote:
> Hi,
> i have compiled "Reading a 2D DICOM Series and Writing a 2D DICOM
> Series with GradientAnisotropicDiffusionFilter" and durigin execution
> i have this message:
>
> GDCMImageIO: non-DICOM and non-ITK standard key = 0011|1002
> GDCMImageIO: non-DICOM and non-ITK standard key = 0011|1003
> GDCMImageIO: non-DICOM and non-ITK standard key = 0011|1004
>
> Please can anyone tell me what's happen?

This was simply a typo in this release. The debug message is not
properly redirected using itkDebugMacro.
Just for the reference it means that you are reading in a DICOM from a
private vendor and the value in this DICOM file cannot be decoded
(Implicit encoding do not have a VR).

In conclusion, you can safely ignore that message.

Mathieu