[Insight-users] Building ITK on Linux

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Fri Feb 16 10:13:13 EST 2007

Krishnaveni Budati wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I am trying to build ITK on Linux, I am running into errors, when
> running make. I have attached the error file with this email. Could you
> please tell me what could be a possible solution.
>
> I am using ITK Version - 3.x
> and OS is Suse Linux
>
> Thank you,
> Krishnaveni

> cc1plus: warning: command line option "-Wmissing-prototypes" is valid for Ada/C/ObjC but not for C++
> /home/rahul/Desktop/Insight/InsightToolkit-3.0.1/Utilities/MetaIO/metaTypes.h:53: error: ISO C++ does not support ‘long long’

Hello Krishnaveni,

	Could you tell us what are your CXXFLAGS. Two way to get them either:

$ echo $CXXFLAGS
or directly in the ITK binary directory:

$ cd ITK-bin
$ grep CXX_FLAGS CMakeCache.txt

	Could you please post that to the list ? At the same time post the
version of g++:

$ g++ --version

Thanks
Mathieu
Ps: I suspect you have something like -pedantic / -pedantic-errors or
maybe -Werror