[Insight-users] Component Arthmatic filter in VolView problem

Elena Pavlovskaia elena.pavlovskaia at otismed.com
Mon Feb 5 20:46:05 EST 2007

Hi,

I am using Component Arthmatic filter in VolView. When I select "Replace All
Components" option, it produces a wrong result. With the other two options
("Append Component", "Replace Last Component") it works fine.

Here are the details:
I load a series of DICOM images: 54 slices of 512x512 resolution.
I apply "Merge Volumes" filter with another (or the same) DICOM series and
the same parameters. Thus I get a volume with two components.
Now I apply "Component Arthmatic" filter with Operation "Average" (or
"Minimum", or "Maximum") and the Result "Replace All Components".

The image that I am getting has correctly computed the first 26 slices. The
remaining 26 slices have all the values 0.

This seems to be a bug in the Component Arthmatic filter.

I have a question related to this bug:

There is the source code for many of the VolView plugins provided in
InsightApplications. It's very handy for debugging them and/or fixing
problems. Unfortunately I could not find the source code for the Component
Arthmatic filter. Does the access to the source code exist? Is there a way
to debug a problem similar to what I reported?

Thanks,

Elena