[Insight-users] Cswig_java/Wrap_ITK generate different java APIs

Blair Cruz blair.cruz at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 15:02:26 EST 2007

Quick question.  I noticed that when I build ITK with the cswig_java option
I get a jar that has a different api then when I use the wrap_itk option.  I
particular, the class names change, an example is:

itkMutualInformationImageToImageMetricIF3IF3_Pointer is generated with the
wrap_itk option in cmake, and:
itkMutualInformationImageToImageMetricF3F3_Pointer is generated with the
cswig_java option in cmake.

There are a few other differences in the API as well, for instance, with the
wrap_itk option I cant set a
itkRecursiveMultiResolutionPyramidImageFilterIF3IF3_Pointer object to a
itkMultiResolutionImageRegistrationMethodIF3IF3_Pointer object.  I can get
by without this but I do notice a performance difference.  There is also a
very noticeable size difference in the compiled libraries (~60mb).  I would
use the cswig_java option however it wont build with this on os x.

This is not an issue right now but in the future I will have to address some
performance issues and I would like to know why this is happening.

Thanks,
Blair Cruz
blair.cruz at gmail.com