[Insight-users] Whats this CVS thing..

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Apr 18 10:21:24 EDT 2007

Hi Himadri,

CVS is a tool for managing versions of source code.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concurrent_Versions_System

We use it in ITK, VTK and many other open source software
projects for storing and managing the source in such a way
that multiple developers can modify the code.

If you have a Linux installation is very likely that you
already have CVS installed in your system.