[Insight-users] Whats this CVS thing..

Kevin H. Hobbs hobbsk at ohiou.edu
Wed Apr 18 09:59:55 EDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-04-18 at 13:49 +0530, Himadri Sarkar wrote:

> Can anyone tell me whats this CVS thing ans how can onw install or
> upgrade something by this, I am using ITK in linux and my cmake uses
> gcc compiler
>
> --
> Himadri Sarkar

CVS lets you compile and run the most recent (or any) version of ITK.
The good part of this is it gives you access to the improvements the
developers have made every day. The bad part is it gives you access to
the mistakes the developers have made every day.

After you've followed the instructions on the ITK download page to get a
copy of the CVS repository getting the updates is as easy as :

cd Insight/
cvs update -PdA
cd ../Insight_build/
ccmake ../Insight/