[Insight-users] mesh creation from segmented image

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu Apr 5 15:29:59 EDT 2007

Hi Miladi,

Please read the ITK Software Guide:

    http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

You will find examples on how to read multiple 2D
slice files into a single 3D image in section 7.11.1
"Reading Image Series" in pdf-page 319.

The source code example can be found in

   Insight/Examples/IO/ImageSeriesReadWrite.cxx

For an example on how to use the VTK marching
cubes on an ITK image, please look at:

   InsightApplications/Auxiliary/vtk/
       itkReadITKImage3DSegmentShowVTK.cxx

It shows how to convert an ITK image into vtkImageData
and then pass it to the vtkContour filter.