[Insight-users] lost origin and direction information when writing image to dicom or analyze format

Gordon Kindlmann gk at bwh.harvard.edu
Fri Sep 29 13:44:48 EDT 2006

hello,

Just wanted to mention that the NRRD file format also has complete
and lossless representation of all the same orientation and position
information, as well as representing vector and tensor data, and is
also supported by ITK.  It is currently used in NAMIC for its
additional ability to describe the coordinate frame of non-scalar
data (e.g. diffusion-weighted images).

http://teem.sourceforge.net/nrrd/format.html

Gordon