[Insight-users] origin not saved in analyze images

Hans Johnson hans-johnson at uiowa.edu
Wed Sep 27 15:29:09 EDT 2006

Nawel,

Unfortunately the Official Analyze75 format does not have well defined way
to store the origin information.  Some external packages (i.e. SPM) have
reinterpreted some of the Analyze75 header locations to store some
information about the origin, but those interpretations are not universal or
consistently applied.

If at all possible, I would suggest moving to the NIfTI file format which
attempts to overcome these short comings.

Hans