[Insight-users] gdcmDict error when adding ITKIO to target libraries

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun Sep 17 10:34:27 EDT 2006

Hi Christina,

Could you try temporarily renaming the GDCM
dictionaries that you have on /usr/local/ ?

It may be the case, that GDCM is still finding
both dictionaries and trying to merge them.

Looking at the dictionaries in

        Insight/Utilities/gdcm/Dicts/

The only file that contains a tag 0029|0060 is
SIP.dic. The tag refers to a compression algorithm.

We don't see that error message when using gdcm
in our systems.

---

The other error message :  0041 1050, seems to be
a tag that is exclusive of Papyrus.

Do you have Papyrus installed in your system ?
Or Osirix (which uses Papyrus) ?

If so, maybe their dictionaries are getting merged
with GDCM's.

    Please let me us know what you find.