[Insight-users] Re: latex and IJ journal

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sat Sep 9 15:32:47 EDT 2006

Hi Mathieu,

I can replicate the error in Cygwin,

but have no problem doing the same in Debian Linux.
That is, it works fine in Linux, and it fails on
Cygwin.

---

Note that in Cygwin, despite the error messages, the
pdf is created fine. (?!) surprising because from the
Makefile... there is no way that the command could
have got to the pdf without creating first the .dvi.

I'm guessing that in Cygwing Latex figures out that it
should run in PDFlatex mode by looking at the internal
commands used in the .tex file.

Here is what I found in google:
http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=nonpdfsp

so... here are two options:

A) Build it on Linux

B) Used the attached template that has removed all the
    pdfinfo commands. This modified files worked for me
    in Cygwin.

Note that by removing the pdfinfo statement the only
thing that we lose is the author infor that appears
in Acrobat Reader when you look at the properties of
the document.

Very unlikely that anybody will complain about that  :-)

Let me know if that works for you.

    Luis