[Insight-users] Combining transforms in registration?

Jaety Edwards jaety at cs.berkeley.edu
Sat Sep 2 00:07:52 EDT 2006

Hello all,

I'm trying to figure out the best way to solve the following problem:

I have two 3D images that I am trying to register. I know that they
differ by a rigid 3D transformation, and also I know the 3 rotation
parameters, so all I have to solve for are the translation parameters.

What I'm doing right now is resampling the image into the correct
orientation and then using a TranslationTransform in the registration
process, but it seems like it would be cleaner if I could just pass
both original images to the registration and use a transform that
applies my known rotation and then acts like the standard
TranslationTransform.

I figure it shouldn't be too difficult to inherit or build off of the
existing TranslationTransform to do this, and I was going to look into
that next, but I'm a pretty new ITK user, and I thought I would ask
here if there was an easier way to do this before diving in.

Thanks so much,
Jaety