[Insight-users] Streaming and ImageIO

Jordi Inglada jordi.inglada at cnes.fr
Wed Feb 22 08:13:59 EST 2006

Hi all,

I am interested in reading very large images (i.e. 24000 x 24000 pixels)
in an optimized way. I have read in section 13.3 of the Software Guide
that streaming is implemented in the pipeline. My question is:

Do the ImageIO or the ImageFileReader classes use the streaming for file
access? Or are the images completely loaded into memory and streaming is
only used in ProcessObjects?

In the case where the latter is true, which would be the best way to
implement streaming for the file access (we have our own ImageIO classes
for our exotic image formats)?

Thanks for your help.

Jordi

--