[Insight-users] Re: GradientDifferenceImageToImageMetric?

Vicente Grau vicente at robots.ox.ac.uk
Tue Feb 21 09:27:26 EST 2006

Damiaan,

are you using the CVS version? Some time ago, I reported a bug on this
metric that was then corrected. I didn't use the gradient calculation
function, so I can't tell if it works well or not. Anyway, if I'm not
wrong, I think the delta value is used here just to approximate the
derivative with a finite difference calculation. In other metrics, the
derivative is calculated explicitly.
It doesn't seem that many people have used this metric in the past.

Vicente