[Insight-users] Re: brain extraction algotrithms

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Feb 8 22:36:04 EST 2006

Hi Woby,

You will find many segmentation methods described in
the ITK Software Guide:

         http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

You may want to focus on the statistical classification
algorightms, such as K-Means, and Gaussian Mixture Modeling.

Examples of the application of ITK segmentation methods to
the problem of brain tissue classification can be found in:

         InsightApplications/
                    IBSRValidation/