[Insight-users] LSM meta data & dimensions

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Wed Feb 8 13:24:57 EST 2006

Michael Held wrote:
> hi,
>
> does anybody know how to access meta data stored in Zeiss LSM files, e.g.
> the ROI information, time between frames in time series, distance or
> thickness of optical slices in z-stacks?
> and most important: how are the axes labeled? now I got an 3D-RGB image
> (which is actually 4D) with dimension labels width,height,time.
> when I cut a time-segment out using itk::ExtractImageFilter and write it
> back to LSM the axes are messed up and I get width,height,depth and all meta
> data is lost...

Michael,

	I wrote the LSM reader/writer. I did a minimal implementation for
reading those files (I still cannot read some old LSM files...). But it
should be functional. Now said, you are right I should provide an API to
retrieve those specific information. I'll keep you inform on the
progress, are you using ITK CVS ?
	If you can I'd appreciate sample data so that I can test.

Thanks,
Mathieu