[Insight-users] use of itkKappaStatisticImageToImageMetric

Miller, James V (GE, Research) millerjv at crd.ge.com
Tue Feb 7 16:28:59 EST 2006

If there is a GetDerivative() implemented, it was from an early attempt.

The math for the derivative in not straightforward since the metric is
based on counts. So a pointwise derivative (non-finite difference) is not
straightforward.

You could always do a finite difference approach but there is not much a
difference between a finite difference approach to the derivative and
an optimizer that does not need derivatives.

Again, we have another formulation for the derivative of this metric,
we just need to review it.

Jim