[Insight-users] Re: How to read 3D point file in ITK?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Dec 20 08:43:39 EST 2006

Hi Ekta,

You may want to use the class

     itk::LandmarkSpatialObject
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1LandmarkSpatialObject.html

in order to represent the set of 3D points.
and also use the classes:

     itk::SpatialObjectReader
     itk::SpatialObjectWriter

http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1SpatialObjectReader.html
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1SpatialObjectWriter.html

in order to read and write those points.

The code will look like:

     #include "itkLandmarkSpatialObject.h"
     #include "itkSpatialObjectReader.h"
     #include "itkSpatialObjectWriter.h"

     typedef itk::LandmarkSpatialObject<3>   LandmarkType;
     typedef itk::SpatialObjectReader<>      LandmarkReaderType;
     typedef itk::SpatialObjectWriter<>      LandmarkWriterType;