[Insight-users] Re: error LNK2001

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu Dec 14 17:26:59 EST 2006

Hi Ekta,

Thanks for the additional information.

It seems that you are building the examples by running CMake
in the Examples directory.   Is that right ?

The examples are intended to be build as part of the
full toolkit, just by turning EXAMPLES On in CMake,
and then building the project with your compiler.

If you want to extract examples out of the toolkit,
you must write CMakeLists.txt files for the examples
that you use.

Since you are new to the toolkit, I would strongly
suggest you to read the Tutorials:

     http://www.itk.org/HTML/Tutorials.htm

in particular:

"Getting Started I"
http://www.itk.org/CourseWare/Training/GettingStartedI-WebPage/index.htm

as well as to read initial Chapters of the
ITK Software Guide:

    http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

These documents will introduce you progressively to
the use of the toolkit.

----------------------
Ekta Amar wrote:
> Hello Luis,
>
> Thanks for responding me. The answers of your questions are as follows:
>
> 1) ITK version: Insight Toolkit 3.0.0
> 2) Compiler version: Visual C++ 7.0 (Visual Studio .NET 2003)
> 3) CMake version: 2.4.5
> 4) Sorry, I don't know the difference between debug and release. I'm
> trying to build the 'Examples' by making CMake flag 'on' to learn.
>
> I'm able to execute the "Hello World" and keeping the 'Build_Examples' off.
>
> But when I tried to look into the examples and building them then I'm
> getting error in "Examples/Registration "  LNK2001 and LNK 2019 error.
>
> Please let me know what I've to modify to able to run them properly.
>
> Thanks,
> Ekta
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Luis Ibanez" <luis.ibanez at kitware.com>

>>> 3. ImageRegistration17.cxx