[Insight-users] about itkNormalizedMutualInformationHistogramImageToImageMetric

Yanqiu Feng foree at fimmu.com
Wed Nov 9 23:04:26 EST 2005

Dear to All,

For 3D data, I found that registration with the itkNormalizedMutualInformationHistogramImageToImageMetric or itkMutualInformationHistogramImageToImageMetric takes a very long times even we give the small size of the histogram. This is because that it transforms and interpolates all points in the Fixed image region in order to compute the metric at each iterattion.

Is there a method to set the number of spatial samples in a similar way to MattesMutualInformationMetric?

Best Regards.