[Insight-users] contributing code

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri May 27 12:58:09 EDT 2005

Hi Rupert,

We are glad to hear that you are
willing to contribute your code to ITK.

The process for contributing code is quite simple.

Here are the things that we will request
from you:

1) Follow the ITK coding style.
    You can look at the document

      Insight/Documentation/
                        Style.pdf

     and follow examples from
     existing ITK classes.

2) Provide one Test file for each one
    of your new classes. The test must
    exercise all the methods of your class.

3) Make sure that you successfully
    compiled and run the test in your
    own platform.

4) Add your credits (Name, Institution)
    to the header files of your classes,
    along with your generous documentation
    on how to use the class.

If you send us your classes and their respective
tests we will take care of doing style verification,
and then commit the classes into the CVS repository
of ITK, and adapt them as necessary for them to
be built on all the ITK supported platforms.