[Insight-users] InputRequestedRegion for filter with mini-pipeline

Miller, James V (Research) millerjv at crd.ge.com
Thu May 26 08:28:50 EDT 2005

Nils,

When a filter uses a mini-pipeline, that filter is responsible for provided an
appropriate GenerateInputRequestedRegion that encapsulates the needs of the mini-pipeline.

If a GenerateInputRequestedRegion is not provided, then the outer pipeline will initially
request an input region that matches the size of the output region.  Then when the
mini-pipeline runs, it may need additional input, forcing the upstream pipeline to
re-execute. It will all "work" but the upstream pipeline will execute more times
than it needs to.

Jim