[Insight-users] Re: how to select all the slices in the same frame?

kingaza at gmail.com kingaza at gmail.com
Sun May 22 09:49:20 EDT 2005

Hi Luis

I am so sorry, for i just thought it is the question many people would
encounter, and i also thought a little short words are enough.

now i should discribe the details
the series is a 4D dataset with the size 512*512*40*6 (3D: 512*512*40,
time: 6), and all the files are 2D slices, that means 240 files in a
folder.
now i want to get all the slices in the time t, for example, t = 0,
1,...5, so at the end i should get 6 volumes in size of 512*512*40.

could you tell me how could I implement it?

btw, after your previous email, I have tried the filter
ExtractImageFilter, but I don't know how to read the series data set
accurately, and the result is not what i expect: it told me that the
size is 512*512*240

here are my codes:

typedef itk::Image<unsigned char, 4> BinaryImage4DType;
typedef itk::ImageFileReader<BinaryImage4DType> BinaryReader4DType;
typedef itk::ImageSeriesReader<BinaryImage4DType>	BinaryReader4DSeriesType;
typedef itk::GDCMImageIO DicomImageIOType;
typedef itk::GDCMSeriesFileNames DicomSeriesFileNames;

DicomImageIOType::Pointer dcmIO = DicomImageIOType::New();
DicomSeriesFileNames::Pointer	series = DicomSeriesFileNames::New();
typedef vector<string> FileNamesContainer;
BinaryReader4DSeriesType::Pointer reader4d = BinaryReader4DSeriesType::New();
series->SetInputDirectory( "E:\\series" );
FileNamesContainer filenames = series->GetInputFileNames();

reader4d->SetFileNames( filenames );
reader4d->SetImageIO( dcmIO );

try
{
	reader4d->Update();
}
catch (itk::ExceptionObject &excp)
{
	cerr << "Exception thrown while writing the image" << endl;
	cerr << excp << endl;
}

typedef itk::ExtractImageFilter< BinaryImage4DType, BinaryImage3DType
> FilterType;
FilterType::Pointer filter = FilterType::New();

BinaryImage4DType::RegionType inputRegion =
reader4d->GetOutput()->GetLargestPossibleRegion();

BinaryImage4DType::SizeType size = inputRegion.GetSize();
BinaryImage4DType::IndexType start = inputRegion.GetIndex();