[Insight-users] How can I get the pixels' values in .PNG after OtsuTresholding?

Zachary Pincus zpincus at stanford.edu
Thu May 19 14:40:28 EDT 2005

Hello,

You might want to check that the Otsu thresholder is getting reasonable
inputs. So try saving the output of the dilation and closing to a
separate file to make sure that that is what you want. (Remember that
if you save unsigned short images to a file you'll need a viewer [such
as ImageJ] that is savvy to them, otherwise all you'll see is black.)

Then, check that the Otsu thresholder is calculating a legitimate
threshold for your input image. You'll want to check what the
calculated threshold is with the GetThreshold() method (after calling
Update() of course), and make sure that that number is reasonable for
the input image you provided.

Finally, you will want to make sure that your "bleck pixel findong"
code (simple as it may be) is correct. Try saving the output of the
Otsu calculator to a file and looking at it in a simple image viewer to
see if it looks at all thresholded.

If none of this clears up the situation, you could send a *minimal*
example of code that produces the problem to the list and I'll try to
look it over.

Zach Pincus

Department of Biochemistry and Program in Biomedical Informatics
Stanford University School of Medicine