[Insight-users] Conjugate Gradient Optimizer Initialization

Ashish Poddar ahpoddar at gmail.com
Tue May 17 17:04:26 EDT 2005

Hi,

I also am right now struggling with the initialization options for the
Conjugate Gradient for which I could not find any examples. While
searching I came across an example for Levenberg Marquardt Optimizer
which seems to be having similar interface as that of conjugate
gradient optimizer. However the similar initialization did not worked
for Conjugate gradient. If someone can point out any reference for
Conjugate Gradient, it would be great.

Earlier I was using regular step gradient descent optimizer with these
parameters:
Transform - Centered Affine
Scale for first 9 parameters - 1.0
Scale for next 6 parameters - 0.0001
Number of Iterations - 400
Minimum Step Length - 0.0001
Maximum Step Length - 0.005

Any help will be highly appreciated,
with regards,
Ashish.

--
Ashish Poddar
Have an acceptable reason for accepting anything.
Y:ashish_poddar | MSN:ashish_poddar at yahoo.com