[Insight-users] Does registration preserve physical dimensions?

Miller, James V (Research) millerjv at crd.ge.com
Fri May 13 12:05:21 EDT 2005

It depends on the type of transformation you use.  If you use a rigid body
transform, then physical dimensions will be preserved.  This would mean
in your transplant case, the object will not occupt the same amount
of space since they are different sizes.

If you use a more flexibly transform (affine, bspline, etc), then physical dimensions
will not be preserved.

Jim