[Insight-users] Applying a transform? PointSet registration?

Atwood, Robert C r.atwood at imperial.ac.uk
Thu May 12 20:51:57 EDT 2005

I have been poring through the software guide and the Doxygen for hours, and I cannot see how to apply a transform to a point or a PointSet? I know how to apply to an image, you create a resample image filter and set the transform , is there a similar filter for PointSets (and what is it called) or is the process different?

The immediate goal is to register two point sets, then somehow quantify the difference between them. I believe that this would be enabled by transforming one of the point set into the space of the other according to the result of the registration.

The overall goal is to quantify (and eventually minimize) the misfit of certain prostheses introduced at certain stages during the manufacturing process, by scanning 'before' and 'after' examples. The scan method produces a point set. The point set is not necessarily any sort of regular grid. (The points are in  3-d by the way) The 2 sets should generally be reasonably close to each other to start with (by placing the example in the same location and orientation)

Thanks,
Robert