[Insight-users] using 3d registration on a 2d stack of images .

Li, George (NIH/NCI) ligeorge at mail.nih.gov
Wed Mar 30 08:17:25 EST 2005

Mark,

Switching from 2d to 3d is not just setting the dimension differently. The
image reader has to read 3d data and transform has to be capable of handling
3d. That is all I can think of. I am not an expert in itk, but only have a
few experiences with it. Others might provide you more information.

Attention should also be paid to the center of rotation, as well, making
sure it is kept the same throughout the entire 3d registration.

You should also read some of the examples in /examples/registration/ and in
/examples/IO/, as well as the chapter 8 in the itk user manual for detailed
information.

Good luck.

George