[Insight-users] ScalarImageTextureCalculator

Zachary Pincus zpincus at stanford.edu
Sat Mar 26 22:47:05 EST 2005

Hello,

It's extremely unlikely that a file format change *alone* would cause
the ImageTextureCalculator to fail, since by the time the images are
read into ITK, the format ceases to matter and they are just bits in a
buffer.

So: (1) Are the DICOM images and the JPEG images that you give to the
ImageFileReaders *identical* ? If they are, have you compared the
resulting itk::Image files (e.g. by iterating over both simultaneously)
to see if ITK has read them in identically?

If the DICOM images and the JPEG images that you provide to the
ImageFileReaders are not identical, then it is very likely that the
differences you see with the TextureCalculator have more to do with the
*content* of the images than their file type. Could you describe the
content of the images that don't work, or possibly send me a copy of
one of them?

Zach Pincus
Department of Biochemistry and Program in Biomedical Informatics
Stanford University School of Medicine