[Insight-users] DeformableModel1.cxx problem

Akiko Campbell adcampbell at shaw.ca
Tue Mar 15 23:40:22 EST 2005

I’ve noticed there have been some issues reported for
DeformableModel1.cxx and I would like to know if anyone has found the
solution.  My ITK is 2.0.0 from February 2005, running on Windows XP.
When I run this example, the code raises the following exception at:
deformableModelFilter->Update();

“Unhandled exception at 0x00473991 in DeformableModel1.exe: 0xC00000005:
Access violation reading location 0x00000034”

My inputs are:

* InputImage

analyze.hdr
NDims = 3
DimSize = 512 512 40
ElementSpacing = 0.388672 0.388672 2
Position = 0 0 0
ElementByteOrderMSB = 0
ElementType = MET_UCHAR
HeaderSize = -1
ElementDataFile = analyze.img

* BinaryImage

mask.mhd
NDims = 3
DimSize = 512 512 40
ElementSpacing = 0.388672 0.388672 2
Position = 0 0 0
ElementByteOrderMSB = 0
ElementType = MET_UCHAR
HeaderSize = -1
ElementDataFile = mask.raw

The output I get until the exception is raised is:
The gradient map created!
Creating mesh...
Mesh (013B78D8)
  RTTI typeinfo:   class itk::Mesh<double,3,class
itk::DefaultStaticMeshTraits<double,3,3,float,float,double> >
  Reference Count: 2
  Modified Time: 424
  Debug: Off
  Observers: none
  Source: (013B53C8)
  Source output index: 0
  Release Data: Off
  Data Released: False
  Global Release Data: Off
  PipelineMTime: 415
  UpdateMTime: 425
  Number Of Points: 0
  Requested Number Of Regions: 1
  Requested Region: 0
  Buffered Region: 0
  Maximum Number Of Regions: 1
  Number Of Points: 0
  Number Of Cell Links: 0
  Number Of Cells: 0
  Size of Cell Data Container: 0
  Number of explicit cell boundary assignments: 3
  CellsAllocationMethod: 3
Deformable mesh created using Marching Cube!
Deformable mesh fitting…

If anyone could help me resolve this issue, I would really appreciate
it.

Akiko