[Insight-users] error LNK2001

Andres Munarriz munarriz.a at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 14:07:45 EST 2005

Hello,

As some of you I'm also rather new to both ITK and VTK.  I'm trying to
compile this code:

<pre>
#include "vtkImageViewer.h"
#include "vtkRenderWindowInteractor.h"
#include "vtkImageData.h"
#include "itkImage.h"
#include "itkImageFileReader.h"
#include "itkImageToVTKImageFilter.h"

#include "VAT_ITK_VTK_Adaptor.h"

CVAT_ITK_VTK_Adaptor::CVAT_ITK_VTK_Adaptor()
{
}

char* CVAT_ITK_VTK_Adaptor::getITKoutputToVTK_TK(int pImageViewer){
	  myViewer = (vtkImageViewer*) pImageViewer;
	  return "llego el apuntador";
}
</pre>

and get the following errors:

Linking...
VAT_ITK_VTK_Adaptor.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"public: __thiscall
itksys::SystemToolsManager::SystemToolsManager(void)"
(??0SystemToolsManager at itksys@@QAE at XZ)
VAT_ITK_VTK_Adaptor.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"public: __thiscall
itksys::SystemToolsManager::~SystemToolsManager(void)"
(??1SystemToolsManager at itksys@@QAE at XZ)
Debug/vtkPointerTest.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

vtkPointerTest.dll - 3 error(s), 20 warning(s)

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but if I add the itk/ios and itk/stl
directories to the additional include directories path all hell breaks
loose.  The code I posted shouldn't do much I jusst want to
encapsulate whatever it is I do with VTK and ITK and hide it from my
TclTk GUI.  Please help me...

Thanks,

-æ- Andrés E. Munarriz Soto -æ-