[Insight-users] Demon's Registration Question

Karthik Krishnan Karthik.Krishnan at kitware.com
Tue Mar 8 21:11:36 EST 2005

Hi Vishal,

Thanks for pointing this out. Both the fourth and the fifth parameters
spit out the deformation field. The fifth parameter is really redundant,
which is why it wasn't added to the command line tags in the header.

By looking at the code,
For 2D images, the fourth and the fifth fields are the same, except that
the fourth field returns the deformation field as a 2D vector image and
the fifth writes it out as a 3D vector volume, with the third components
set to 0, (maybe some readers allow you to visualize vector fields only
if they are volumes).
If you replace the dimension from 2 to 3, you shouldn't use the last
parameter since the fourth parameter will write out the deformation
field as a volume anyway. Besides the fifth parameter, which uses a 2D
iterator to iterate over the vector image it intends to convert to a
vector volume will segfault, since you already have a vector volume.

In any case I am not sure what the utility of the last parameter is and
I shall get rid of it (if there are no objections).

Thanks
regards
karthik