[Insight-users] how to read the output deformation file

Karthik Krishnan Karthik.Krishnan at kitware.com
Mon Mar 7 15:13:41 EST 2005

Hi Gourong,

The deformation field is just an image with vector values at each pixel.
The file format will depend on what you specify in the command line
params in the program. You could store it as a .mhd file.

Just in case your intent is tovisualize the field or play with it, you
could avoid writing a reader by using Paraview.
See sect 8.14 of the software guide:
http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide-2.0.0.pdf for details on how to
visualize 2D/3D deformation fields in paraview. For more details, there
is the Paraview Guide book

thanks
kk