[Insight-users] Installation Problem

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sat Mar 5 22:40:53 EST 2005

Hi Chaman,

Are you trying to build an individual example ?

By default the examples must be configure from the top
of the ITK binary directory. In this way you build *all*
of them in a single pass.

If you want to build an individual example you must
write a CMakeLists.txt file for it.

Please follow the tutorial sessions:

    http://www.itk.org/HTML/Tutorials.htm

in particular "Getting Started I"

http://www.itk.org/CourseWare/Training/GettingStartedI-WebPage/img0.html

It will show you how to create CMakeLists.txt files
for your projects that rely on ITK.

The problem that you are facing right now is that
your CMakeLists.txt file is missing to mention
the ITKIO library in the CMake command:

         TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES()

Your must change your CMakeLists.txt file so that
line says something like

   TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(
       ImageLinearIteratorWithIndex
       ITKIO ITKCommon)

... but ... again, you *ONLY* need to create such
CMakeLists.txt file IFF you want to build this
example in isolation from the ITK source tree.
Otherwise it is much more convenient for you to
build all the examples together by configuring
them from the top ITK directory.