[Insight-users] GDCM: dicom directory and filenames

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Tue Mar 1 12:01:46 EST 2005

George,

	If you use ctest to run the test you can pass in the '-V' flags to see
how the test works. For instance:

$ ctest -R GDCMSeriesReadImageWrite -V -N

        Test project
Changing directory into
/home/mathieu/Dashboards/MyTests/Insight-gcc/Testing/Code/IO
   1/  1 Testing itkGDCMSeriesReadImageWrite

Test command:
/home/mathieu/Dashboards/MyTests/Insight-gcc/bin/itkGDCMSeriesReadImageWrite
/home/mathieu/Dashboards/MyTests/Insight/Testing/Data/Input/DicomSeries
/home/mathieu/Dashboards/MyTests/Insight-gcc/Testing/Temporary/itkGDCMSeriesReadImageWrite.vtk
/home/mathieu/Dashboards/MyTests/Insight-gcc/Testing/Temporary

	So you see that the input directory is :

/home/mathieu/Dashboards/MyTests/Insight/Testing/Data/Input/DicomSeries

	And the output directory -as you mention- is :

/home/mathieu/Dashboards/MyTests/Insight-gcc/Testing/Temporary

	One of the two test is disable because we cannot create new directory
(might be fixed in the future). A test assume you have write access to a
particular directory for writting output images. In this case:

/home/mathieu/Dashboards/MyTests/Insight-gcc/Testing/Temporary

	Now if you would run twice the test specifying the same output
directory the images will be overwritten. One simple way to solve it
directly in the test is to use the itksys::SystemTools::Mkdir and create
a subdir for example:

/home/mathieu/Dashboards/MyTests/Insight-gcc/Testing/Temporary/GDCM

HTH
Mathieu