[Insight-users] How to get update or actual speed from level set image filter

Nils H. Busch nilsb at cbs.mpg.de
Thu Apr 28 06:46:41 EDT 2005

Hello,

how can i get the update values (as an image) of a level set filter for
each iteration ?
By update, I mean the update values of the right hand size of the finite
difference equation. Or even better, how can i get the current speed per
iteration,  not only the static part of the speed image, but the whole
speed term consisting of propagation speed etc for every valid pixel, e.g.
the zero level set or the whole image. I need to check the speed that is
actually computed by my level set filter derived from
itkSegmentationLevelSetImageFilter, so this would at least grab the speed
or update values for the specified layers.

I know that I need to attach an observer to the segmentation filter, but
it is not quite clear to me how I can get access to the actual update
values or computed speed term for all valid pixels.

Thanks.

--
  Nils H. Busch